[kj] OT: Morrissey says he won't live in England; too many immigrants

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 09:23:09 EST 2007

OK, attached is the email thread - initially you're trying to make out that
John Lydon is performing some sort of 'inverse racism' by being awkward
around a black guy. Oliver - racism is racism - it's an equal-opportunities
employer & if you take the obsession with white/black out of it, you see it
for what it really is - a fundamentally global phenomenon, that ANYONE no
matter what colour they are can 'enjoy'. I'd say it's hardwired (note this
is no excuse - just an example of how many do not THINK). Slavery only a
UK/US thing? Erm, no...

Here's the main parable of interest:

"I also don't really believe John when he said the UK didn't have race
problems like the US, etc. Well, maybe not *like the US*, but goddamn --
remember when Bernard Manning died, how some folks on this list went ape
shit about how PC fascism had gotten out of control, because the guy was
great, "oh come on it's just humor," etc. and the liberals had their way
there'd basically be jackbooted thugs kicking down their doors to keep
them from enjoying their favorite off color humor? (Yes, hyperbole.)
That was ridiculous. I saw the dude's own YouTube page (since removed)
and bits of his nightclub act he chose to put up there himself. If he
was popular enough to have the liberal Guardian mourning him, and he was
making jokes about immigrants and coloreds basically being like dogs,
etc., it seemed to indicate a fair amount of racism in the society to me."

OK, I'm the guy that went 'ape shit'. PC is indeed out of control in the
UK - I was the one who complained about PC at the time - you mocked my
point that freedoms are disappearing - erm, since when is it ok that
freedoms are curtailed? Something you would normally 'come on side' for,
only your own prejudice held you back due to the statement coming from ME.
We'll have ID cards here soon - will we be showing them at checkpoints??!!

You also make out that I said Manning was 'great'. Yet again, I didn't
say this. What I DID do was point out that people should not be labelled
racists simply because they laugh at a joke that's a bit dodgy. Never did
I defend the guy, but you were on a roll with an IDEA of what you *thought*
I'd meant, not the reality which is much too complex for your so-called
understanding of human nature/politics. See, there are GREY AREAS in life!
Much of Mannings material sucked cocks, frankly. But I won't accept being
labelled a r at cist for laughing at one of his funnier moments!!!!!!!

You say that I was inferring that if the liberals had their own way, it would
be 1984 at the hands of a Liberal elite - Olly, I *am* a liberal, LOL!!!!!!
Nevertheless, I feel that PC has gone too far. Now right-wing scum are using
the ill-effects of PC to defend themselves. A monster of the Lefts' making...

Here's more: "If he was popular enough to have the liberal Guardian mourning
him, and he was making jokes about immigrants and coloreds basically being
like dogs, etc., it seemed to indicate a fair amount of racism in the society
to me." This, compounded with only using *my* reaction to describe how members
of this list reacted, seemed to paint me in a very negative light. Context is
all, Olly.

Actually, I find the phrase 'coloreds' pretty offensive - shall I make YOU out
to be a r at cist too? Doesn't feel good, does it? No, I don't feel good about
being quoted out of context & being made out to be a monster.

You later described me (in the same thread - I can quote that too) as anti-
intellectual for quoting some of Peter Cook's comedy "Save the facking whales"
- clearly you haven't the foggiest. If I'd quoted Chubby Brown, then fair
comment, but, erm, I didn't! I quoted one of the most highly regarding intellectual
comedians the UK has ever produced - up there with the mighty Bill Hicks, etc.
All heroes of mine, turdboy.

Why don't you have a go at someone who really IS a racist? Instead of boring
us all with Lefty rants which I'm afraid have only contributed to the Left
being taken less seriously every day in the UK. Because of morons like you, the
Right are gaining more & more power over here. What a fucking nightmare. The
tiresome Lefties (an example being yourself, clearly *not all lefties*) in this
country will have brought a new era of conservatism upon the UK population.

I consider myself a truth-seeking left-leaning liberal - you EXTREME left &
right-wingers live in a world of theoretical idealism that allows you to take
the moral high-ground at every opportunity. My example of how Rapeman were
treated in the UK is a good example of this. Anyone want to play 'Jump to a
Conclusion', LOL !!??!!??

See, it's easy to put someones' opinion down & make them look bad by defining
them as r at cially dodgy. Ha, you propagandist you!!!

Regards Mozza, here is your statement "I guess Morrissey also says he was taken
out of context or something". Wouldn't be wanting to cast aspersions there would
you, old chap!!???!

Big Bad Nasty R at cist Pig ade.

PS. Yes, you'll back-chat me endlessly about this, picking out the tiniest
minutiae, but that's inevitable from someone who does not live in the real
world, but instead, lives in a lefty do-gooder world, wherein all lowly
people are LOVELY & extremely conscientious, LOL!!!

PPS. I'd have thought you were old enough by now to have gotten over this teenage
(I'm a naive student) version of Left-wing behaviour, but clearly not!!!!!!!