[kj] October File banner ad w/ pic of Jaz on it

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Aug 30 16:17:02 EDT 2007

> On the other hand, boy does BTATS suck. :)

NO IT DOESN'T!!!!! =)

The first few times I played it was in the car on a really long road trip,
with other people present, to be honest I was embarassed and skipped
through most of the tracks, to the untrained ear they sounded a bit like
Spandau Ballet trying to "tone down from the harder stuff" but once I gave
it a few listens, (on the way back up country, this time on my own, late
at night) courtesy of Chessboards and Goodbye to the Village...I loved it!
Now I am a big fan of the whole album. Not sure if I'd call it one of my
KJ favourites...but I definitely rate it.

> [...]

>> s/t - okay it's the first official record

>> What's This For? - Uh I don't know. Maybe the best one out of them

>> all. But still for the uninitiated it seems a bit...presumptuous,

>> confusing, not sure. Something.

>> Revelations - Good but kind of cheesy. "Look at us we will show you

>> the light" kind of thing

>> Fire Dances - It seems like they are assuming they are the (fire) gods

>> of tribal, electronic whatever.

>> Night Time - Same as above. And the cover stinks.

>> Brighter than a Thousand Suns - Look above. We are

>> sooooooooooooooooooo great.

>> Outside the Gate - Same as the previous ones and the album stinks. And

>> the cover is worse

>> Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions - I like it but it

>> would work better as a book title. It sucks having tot try to spill

>> all of that out. So then you try to tell your friend which albums to

>> buy and you have to fumble through all of that. Especially after

>> you've had a few. But it is unique and it is not a song title. Some

>> thought may have been put into it.

>> Pandemonium - It'll work. Bit of a phone in. Let's pick a song title.

>> Democracy - Same as above.

>> s/t 2003 - Lazy. Pure laziness. I'd rather have a song title. And the

>> argument that Peter Gabriel did it 3 times doesn't help. And the cover

>> stinks.

>> Hosannas from the Basement of Hell - Another long one that you have to

>> slur out. And it's not good. I don't care what it means. It sounds

>> silly. Are they a garage band? Maybe they are so "underground" deep

>> and brooding. Either way pick something else. The cover would have

>> been fine if Jaz didn't do the lettering with his crayons.

>> When going to comps, etc

>> Ha! - it's fine. Again are they laughing at you for buying it? Or

>> maybe for not being there? Or maybe for not getting it.

>> An Incomplete Collection - Phone in.

>> Laugh? I Nearly Bought One - It's fine. Maybe poking fun at themselves.

>> Wilful Days - Another phone in but it'll work.

>> No Way Out But Forward Go - Look at Extremities. Say this three times

>> fast. I would almost bet that Colsey came up with it. It's cool but

>> damn.

>> Unperverted Pantomime - I like it but again I would bet that Colsey

>> came up with it.

>> Chaos for Breakfast - look above

>> 25th Gathering Let Us Prey Live - It is fine.

>> At this point in the day work is slow and I'd rather mull over album

>> titles than Amy Winehouse - who I've never even heard of until

>> yesterday-

>> Chris

>>> From: "Phillipps Marc" <Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk>

>>> band!)"<gathering at misera.net>

>>> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"

>>> <gathering at misera.net>

>>> Subject: Re: [kj] October File banner ad w/ pic of Jaz on it

>>> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:09:49 +0100

>>> See also Hosannas from the Basements of Hell (good album, crap title)

>>> Subject: [kj] October File banner ad w/ pic of Jaz on it

>>> http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=11772626

>>> &blogID=301428158

>>> Still no songs posted with his vox, though.

>>> -Oliver

>>> Gathering mailing list

>>> Gathering at misera.net

>>> Gathering mailing list