[kj] amy shithouse & celebrity addiction in general.

uncle benny's magical bra & liquorice factory fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:21:06 EDT 2007

Hello, been away...

Y¹know what makes me smile with all this celebrity drug (and alcohol) abuse
is the double standards with which the press treat it all.

The tone of the reporting is kind of:
Oh dear, poor Amy Winehouse. Her mum¹s really worried.
Kerry Katonas (who?) Drug hell ­ her friends say with the pressure of fame
she¹s spiralling out of control
PETE DOCHERTY EVIL SATAN DIE! DIE! DIE!
Robbie ­ how rehab saved me

It bothers me the way the press treats this celebrity addiction (depending
upon whether or not the person in question is currently in favour or not) as
if it were no more than a case of a bad cold; that we should feel sorry for
these poor Œcelebs¹ plight when really (IMO & how I¹d like it to be seen in
the eyes of my kids) it should be vilified across the board as pathetic &
dirty & not something you can spend a week in `The Priory take a Lemsip & be
all better.

Phew ­ I need a lie down.
Or a lion...