[kj] October File banner ad w/ pic of Jaz on it

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:03:05 EDT 2007

Really are any of Killing Jokes album titles good.........

s/t - okay it's the first official record

What's This For? - Uh I don't know. Maybe the best one out of them all.
But still for the uninitiated it seems a bit...presumptuous, confusing, not
sure. Something.

Revelations - Good but kind of cheesy. "Look at us we will show you the
light" kind of thing

Fire Dances - It seems like they are assuming they are the (fire) gods of
tribal, electronic whatever.

Night Time - Same as above. And the cover stinks.

Brighter than a Thousand Suns - Look above. We are sooooooooooooooooooo
great.

Outside the Gate - Same as the previous ones and the album stinks. And the
cover is worse

Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions - I like it but it would work
better as a book title. It sucks having tot try to spill all of that out.
So then you try to tell your friend which albums to buy and you have to
fumble through all of that. Especially after you've had a few. But it is
unique and it is not a song title. Some thought may have been put into it.

Pandemonium - It'll work. Bit of a phone in. Let's pick a song title.

Democracy - Same as above.

s/t 2003 - Lazy. Pure laziness. I'd rather have a song title. And the
argument that Peter Gabriel did it 3 times doesn't help. And the cover
stinks.

Hosannas from the Basement of Hell - Another long one that you have to slur
out. And it's not good. I don't care what it means. It sounds silly. Are
they a garage band? Maybe they are so "underground" deep and brooding.
Either way pick something else. The cover would have been fine if Jaz
didn't do the lettering with his crayons.

When going to comps, etc

Ha! - it's fine. Again are they laughing at you for buying it? Or maybe
for not being there? Or maybe for not getting it.

An Incomplete Collection - Phone in.

Laugh? I Nearly Bought One - It's fine. Maybe poking fun at themselves.

Wilful Days - Another phone in but it'll work.

No Way Out But Forward Go - Look at Extremities. Say this three times fast.
I would almost bet that Colsey came up with it. It's cool but damn.

Unperverted Pantomime - I like it but again I would bet that Colsey came up
with it.

Chaos for Breakfast - look above

25th Gathering Let Us Prey Live - It is fine.

At this point in the day work is slow and I'd rather mull over album titles
than Amy Winehouse - who I've never even heard of until yesterday-

Chris