[kj] amy shithouse

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Aug 29 22:38:57 EDT 2007

One of the things I like about Jaz, John Lydon, and some others, even
Freddy Mercury, is that you get the feeling through watching them in
interviews and live shows etc that whatever the story, they are at least
being themselves, and you're not just witnessing someone's representative.
I mean, as Nietzsche said, a lot more eloquently than I ever could, if
you're gonna be an asshole, well be your own asshole, haha, and if you're
gonna be an actor, at least be a good fucking actor! I mean even back then
he was complaining about bad actors, imagine what he'd think now. That's
why stuff like passive aggression really aggravates me, it's got all the
aggression of the outright pissed off-ness but it pretends to be something
else. ARGH!

Personally, I can think of several occasions where I've come across as an
Assistant Village Idiot's Assistant, usually through stress, such as there
being someone present that I was ga ga over, or I just happened to be
having a bad hair, anxiety attack kind of day or whatever (sunspots,
cosmic rays!).

One of the things I'm picking up from Lydon etc is that that attitude is
stupid, everyone's shit stinks. And sometimes you need to get to know
someone a bit more before judging, they could just be having a bad day.
Then again, maybe they are just thick as shit. Case in point (hard to
tell?):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

BQ