[kj] In Defense of Hosannas

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 22:21:26 EDT 2007

I am one who has issues with this one-
I am very pleased with Majestic- I feel it has some mystical qualities to it
and it has turned into one of my all time KJ faves.
I find Tribal Antidote catchy but just kind of basic- Hosannas I actually
like it just runs a bit long. It has bugged me about them in the past, but it
really hurts on this album (some of the songs running so long) -
I like the beginning of Invocation, but just gets to be too much when the
vocals kick in. Gratitude is good, but no "hit" song.
The rest - Judas Goat, Implosion, Light Bringer, Walking with the gods (IMO)
is just ugggh- it could all be my least favorite KJ. they all have their
moments (like start out cool) but do absolutely nothing for me.
I went back and gave Judas Goat a re listen since there was some talk about
it. I got halfway though and it was like nothing ever happened in the song,
I just had to cut it off. I don't think I have ever made it all the way
through any of those songs.
If it wasn't for Majestic (and perhaps hosannas) for me this album would
really be a real bummer. I would have a hard time recommending this to anyone
starting on KJ.
If somehow 2003 and Hosannas could be blended I would dig it. I have a
hardcore background so I am one who doesn't mind the vocals and heavy guitar.
Adam

In a message dated 8/25/2007 9:12:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,