[kj] The famous"punk" episode of Quincy, M.E.

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 24 23:18:46 EDT 2007

Remember when central casting would have "punks" as street toughs in
fingerless gloves, ripped jeans and baseball bats; or as background
characters in police stations, getting booked while the main action was
happening in the foreground.

This is from that era. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYd7bOn52M

Of course, as I've bitched and ranted before, now the mainstream media
acts as if punk was always loved and inspiring and revolutionary.
Everyone was into it, and captivated and excited about it!

But I think this YouTube TV clip more accurately reflects the way most
people viewed punk back then.

-Oliver