[kj] Jaz fansite

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Aug 23 18:44:15 EDT 2007

English <-> German is quite amusing at times! Your english is much better
als meine Deutsch...but you probably mean "when" not "if" it's ready.

I found it strange that in german they don't really distinguish between if
and when (that I could tell)...which is a critical distinction in english.
One is conditional and the other is not, it's, um, temporal or
something...how the hell do you guys write computer programs?! =)

Olly introduced me to the awesome german word Weltschmerz the other
day...I've got a case of that:

Weltschmerz (from the German meaning world-pain or world-weariness) is a
term coined by the German author Jean Paul and denotes the kind of feeling
experienced by someone who understands that the physical reality can never
satisfy the demands of the mind.