[kj] Oliver's mix of the song "Unspeakable"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 02:38:15 EDT 2007

Here is a "mix" (a term I'm using loosely) I did of the KJ song
"Unspeakable." Basically I tried to "update" the song.

http://www.kvltpunk.com/audio/KillingJoke-Unspeakable-Olivermix.mp3

For one, I made it faster. And I tried to put Big Paul's awesome,
powerhouse tribal drumming way more to the fore. Also, I tried to put a
bit more punch into Geordie's guitar.

It's not a superb job, but honestly I prefer this version I just
"remixed" to the one that is actually on _What's THIS For...!_ . Mainly
because I think it brings out the drumming more. Listen to the two side
by side. The old one sounds impossibly slow to me, compared to this one
I just did.

Upping the tempo decreased the length of the song by a minute, but I
don't think any of Unspeakable's "heaviness" was compromised.

Anyway, enjoy. I've done this to a bunch of other KJ songs for my own
personal enjoyment.

-Oliver