[kj] Quiet? How long here & why

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Aug 21 23:40:33 EDT 2007

Please forgive the heretical suggestion, but do you guys think at any
stage that moving the Gathering to another forum would be beneficial in
any way, e.g. things like Facebook allow everyone to see your profile and
thus know what you look like and what you're all about etc? And most
importantly you can do things like "throw sheep" at each other, and gift
each other virtual shoes etc...

I mean there's nothing wrong at all with email, I left my proper job last
year to join my friends who are working in the email field (anti-spam),
which is growing massively all the time...but there's some other
advantages in other media.

How do you all see the future of the Gathering? I was seriously expecting
to be able to bowl up to Killing Joke Island from what Jaz said, and pitch
in with a shovel for a few weeks =). It seems most ppl have a similar
political agenda (or lack of) and similar ethics...so just wondering if
anyone has any grander aspirations?

BQ

> Gatherers were around before the internet.

> Our subculture which has a code of looking after other Gatherers -

> particularly on tours, eg. if you live locally to a gig you host other

> Jokers.

>>I just wanna know, what the fuck is it we're supposed to be gathering...?

>> Dust? Karma?

>>> The Gathering has transcended its origins and become a camaraderie

>>> Geoff