[kj] Any Aspies/Auties on the list?

culturevirus culturevirus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 08:36:31 EDT 2007

Being a spectral disorder it's kind of hard to say "I'm not", but I'll say that I've never been diagnosed as such. However my 12yo daughter is autistic, somewhat uncommon since most are males. I don't read or watch a lot of interviews, but based on what I have I can very much see Jaz as being ADHD or possibly OCD. He strikes me as too comfortable in his interactions with others to be truly "autistic".

As far as absolutes go, I'd say Jaz is as absolute as his last sentence.

paul wady <paulwady at hotmail.com> wrote: I'm going to do some self disclosure here, and ask if there are any Aspies or Auties on the list?

I once locked eyes with Jaz at a KJ gig in Bristol in 2003, being right at the front. We stared at each other for about 20 seconds. He was looking pretty ADHD/OCD to me. I find KJ to be a good Autistic rock band on account of the absolutes they are dealing in. Outside the Gate was good and gentle, but the early stuff and the new album are lovely and intense. Or is he just a boring old Bipolar? Not that he's ever boring. (I should have put my hand out and seen if he'd come forward and shake it. )

I am culturevirus