[kj] Quiet? How long here & why

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 21:43:10 EDT 2007

I joined this year (or late last? I'm getting old) after hearing
_Hosannas_ and thinking that it reminded of so much contemporary
underground hardcore I like a lot, like Born Dead Icons, the
Complications, Tragedy, World Burns to Death, etc. Well, it had that
"vibe." And I've always liked Amebix and death rock and Motorhead, which
Hosannas also reminded me of at times -- even early Venom. ("Compares
the title track "Hosannas from the Basements of Hell" to Venom's "Sons
of Satan.")

I went backwards from Hosannas and it all "clicked" for me, though
obviously I'd heard of KJ off and on throughout the years.

-Oliver