[kj] OT: Tony Wilson RIP (scandal)

Mister Black ssssssssss at fsmail.net
Tue Aug 14 04:32:22 EDT 2007

I feel that I must disagree with all the points that you raised Rob , I do find you views quite naive and your views will only appeal to those who follow blindly and cannot think for themselves: The allied forces are NOT in Iraq killing people , the Allies are there to try to stop the killings , its also not a "far off land" , its only a six hour flight away and what diference does it make how far away the land is? The allies are there trying to bring peace to the land and to stop the killings , and for you to imply that they are there killing people is a gross misrepresentation of the facts .
Cosmetic surgery is NOT available on the N.H.S. , its only available to people whom are physically or mentally harmed by their affliction , (big ears being pinned back for example) . Cosmetic surgery is available only the N.H.S only where its deemed to be hindrance to the persons life . The drugs costs amount to £3.500 per month , and over ten years this adds up to £500 000, whilst someones big ears being pinned back will only cost a few thousand pounds.
I also disagree with the way Tony Wilsons abused his position by showcasing bands on TV that he liked , this is unprofessional and also unfair , a man in his position should remain impartial.

Rob wrote:
A tragedy. Really respected the fella, even though he was nuts!
I love the way he abused his position at Granada to showcase bands he loved.

I believe he died of a heart attack, so would the drugs issue have made a
difference? I don't know but it is shocking that we can spend millions a month
killing people in a far off land, yet we cannot provide £3,500 to keep one
person alive a little longer.

RIP Tony.