[kj] oliver read this

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 10 16:19:56 EDT 2007

I actually don't know what this argument or debate is about.

I said John seemed drunk and explained things in an awkward and weird
way to the black guy next to him. I didn't say I thought John was
racist; in fact I'm sure he isn't. I did also say I admit my perceptions
are informed by my growing up in the US south where things take on a
significance they don't in other social climes.

The black actor said that the way John was talking, "You sound like a
black man!" Which is a compliment. John's response was to go into a
drunken thing about being in Africa with tribes and with gorillas. I
dunno. Like I said, nothing wrong -- nothing wrong, repeat 1000X -- just
seemed weird and awkward.

Weird and awkward, not wrong.

Weird and awkward, not wrong.

Weird and awkward, not wrong.

I already said that in previous replies. I can keep saying it.... And I
cana lso keep saying it's just my impression, too, if that helps.

-Oliver