[kj] FW: Re: OT: facebook

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Aug 7 20:11:18 EDT 2007

Haha, I don't waste my time too much with Googling for info about people I
know, it's useful though, to highlight how much info about yourself can
get online...

One other thing I should point out, when you're on a distribution list
such as these, obviously everyone has your email address already, and it's
not too far fetched to think that some proportion of people would have
some combination of "killingjoke" as their passwords...once someone has
cracked your email they could lurk in their webmail from time to time and
get updates about password changes etc...and all sorts of other stuff.

And no, I haven't and would never do that, only pointing out that it makes
sense to follow good security practice, having your password as something
that doesn't mean anything to anyone else, plenty of numbers in there too
etc.

Stay safe out there folks ;p