[kj] rap ;-(

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 2 17:12:36 EDT 2007

Ever see the Johnny Rotten/Lydon collaboration with Afrika Bambatta
(Time Zone) - their song "World Destruction"? Here's the vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuL2kvEaWrw

It sounds nightmarishly horrible. But I didn't think it was half bad. It
has that Killing Joke "Eighties" zeitgeist-y "The Day After"/"Threads"
feel to it that I think probably culturally influenced a lot of Jaz's
pronunciations about impending apocalypse. Thankfully, Lydon basically
leaves the rapping to Afrika, as when Aerosmith did that thing w/ Run DMC.

I actually like this vid.

-Oliver