[kj] booleg vinyl archives

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:41:43 EDT 2007

Amazon.co.uk said they sent Vol. 2, and Vol. 1 to follow one of these
days. These aren't some stupid limited editions, are they?

As for the Inside Extremities set, it delivers what the box promises.
That is, it is a worthwhile supplement to the full Extremities album.
I am not sure it makes a lot of sense outside the context of a
super-deluxe reissue. That doesn't appear to be in the cards, so we
can pretend, if you prefer. The show on the 2nd disc of the set would
have made a fine live record on its own -- better than NWOBFG and BBC
live, and potentially a fair introduction to the band. Again the
logic of the release, as a set, doesn't make a lot of sense, but this
is all worthwhile material for serious fans.

The audio quality on the demos disc drops after the 1st track, the
"Money Is Not Our God" instrumental. But I'll tell you, if every mix
of every album was balanced like that -- well, they could do a lot
worse, and they have. Live recording of "The Fanatic" ties up that
loose end, with much superior sound compared to the one that featured
on this list's Unspeakable comp.

--Mark