[kj] OT : heads up for a Damned warm-up date

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Apr 18 06:20:51 EDT 2007

It's the Captain and Dave Vanian plus Pinch on drums ... a new bass player
(http://www.officialdamned.com/index.htm suggests this is Stu West) plus
Monty Oxymoron on keyboards - he didn't have a lot to do apart from jump
about for the first half hour. He was formerly in the Pink Fairies & looks
like a cross between Jim Broadbent, Nigel from Eastenders and Jeremy
Clarkson but that doesn't stop him being a bit of a cult hero - a bit like
the other Monty, Mr Panesar.

The Captain dedicated Generals to Bush and Blair "Does anyone know what our
boys are actually doing out there ? Bring 'em home" brought a big cheer.
Plus he said that the album Strawberries was specifically named that for the
infamous music journalist Gary Bushell, who was a bit scathing of the band
at the time - probably not "Oi" enough !!! With a big porker on the cover,
it was meant to be strawberries for a pig. Quite.

Are you referring to the old cottage in old Welwyn town ? That's still there
but this venue (The Doctor's Tonic) is right in the middle of WGC, a couple
of minutes walk from the train station. UK Subs play there (£8) on 14th June
2007. I may be back. Regards, Antoni