[kj] OT: The Locust - New Erections

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 23:23:27 EDT 2007

Just wanted to throw a little recommendation everyone's way. I just picked up the newest album by electro-spazz/grind enthusiasts The Locust. It's called New Erections and it is total genius. I've always found the Locust to be somewhat interesting and impressive, if not completely one dimensional. This new album sees them realizing their full, full potential. There are parts of it that sound like early Swans, parts that sound like Devo put through an evil chaos matrix (huh?), and parts that are full-on Doom metal. It's a short and colourful ride. Check it out!

Leigh

http://mail.yahoo.com