[kj] KJ allusions on Film

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 08:46:32 EDT 2007

I know we've done this before, but it's been an age.....

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" -- There's a fleeting scene wherein the poster included with the 12" of "Kings & Queens" is spotted on Ferris' wall. The scene in question is a quick cut. Ferris' Mom is assuring Mr.Rooney that Ferris is a "very sick boy." Quick cut to Ferris in his room making a tuneless noise on his clarinet, followed by his exclamation: "Never Had One Lesson!" In the background on the wall? KILLING JOKE.

There's a scene somewhere in "The Committments" where KILLING JOKE is scrawled on a brick wall.

Others?

Alex in NYC