[kj] O.T. Stooges in NYC

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:56:50 EDT 2007

Greg are you stoned? Seriously. Masterpiece? ehhhh. It's okay. I
haven't listened to it after the initial listen.
The Dolls did continue after Thunders adn Nolan left. And really it was
Johansen that was trying to distance himself from his "past" while everyone
was still alive. Sylvain and Kane were trying to get evveryone back
togehter for a long time. Kane even had a LA version for awhile beofre
hitting bottom and finding religion. It's just one of those scenarios where
it's too little too late.

I've seen the recent incarnation live and they are good. Sylvain is
annoying as fuck being his own cheerleader. I know he means well. But he
just seems to be clueless sometimes. He's the guy in the band that would
wear his own shirt on stage.

Sttoges record. Again it's okay. It did nothing for me. And again it's
too little too late. And there are people that could be inthe Stooges from
the original times that aren't...hhhmmm..If I had to pinpoint a weak point
on the new release I would have to say Iggy. Everything seems flat and
phoned in. The lyrics suck. Some of the worst lyrics to ever come out of
his mouth. And his singing is basic. the band is okay but it seems like
they are trying to do the simplistic, minimalism of the first release.
Which is okay but is was so raw and animalistic.

they are playing in a fabulous theater in Detroit soon., Still debating on
whether to go.

Chris