[kj] O.T. Stooges in NYC

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 9 13:18:44 EDT 2007

Yeah I'd be interesting in seeing reviews of the show on here, too.

I missed The Stooges at Austin's SXSW this year. I have heard their new
album, _The Weirdness_, and honestly I don't like it at all. But I'd
still see 'em. In 2006 at SXSW I saw the reunited NY Dolls, of course
w/out Johnny Thunders, which detracted a lot from the excitement. Still,
it was a solid performance. And they played "new songs," which just sort
of made me cringe. (Every time Johannson would say "This is one of our
new ones..." I'd just cringe and think, 'Oh no ... a *new* song?
Ergh...please don't do this....') But, heck, I had fun anyway.

-Oliver