[kj] Item about Motorhead in NY Post page 6 gossip column

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 8 17:07:13 EDT 2007

Yeah, it's ultimately just gossip-column space-filler, but it's rare
that any anecdote involving our Lemmy doesn't provide big opportunity
for laughs. Bless'im.

When my friend Tim was living in Silverlake, he used to quasi-date
this girl in Hollywood who lived in the same run-down condo-complex
that Lemmy lives in (right down a sloping street from the Rainbow
Bar'n'Grill). I was somewhat incredulous when we stopped by to hear
that he lived there -- until I saw his name listed on the buzzer ("I.
Kilmister"). I was shocked. It was one of those endearingly shitty
L.A. sorta places you see in movies like "Repo Man" and "Suburbia".
The complex was built around a communal pool. Carol (the girl in
question) said that Lemmy would often hang out around the pool
wearing black speedos (!!!!), strumming an acoustic guitar. One time,
Carol came out of her apartment and Lemmy spotted her from poolside,
and busted into an impromptu rendition of Roy Orbison's "Pretty
Woman." Not sure if it's a true story, but it always makes me laugh.

Alex in NYC