[kj] Top 10, post-Y2K

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:45:20 EDT 2007

It seems like this has all been said before. My 2 cents that'll mean
nothing to anyone.

There are a ton of post-punk cop/influenced bands.

In my opinion it seems like it took a long time for these bands to crop up.
But now you can't avoid them. BUT it seems like these bands acknowledge
their appreciation for Joy Divison, Gang of Four, Killing Joke, blah blah
blah etc etc etc. from what little I've paid attention to them. I am not
bothered. I'd rather hear a clone of one of the above than a horrendous
Metallica (who lately is ripping off others), Nirvana, add whoesever name,
whatever, but-don't-admit-it band that has polluted for so long.
Honestly as much as the Killing Joke name gets dropped I haven't heard it
yet. BUT if 1919 started today (they seem the most obvious to me) I'd
rather hear them than another fucking Shit Charlotte or Limp DickZit.
I like Interpol. Lyrics are submoronic but I can usually blur most bad
lyrics out (there are more bad than good out there). I can listen in
passing to most of the other ones. Killers, for whatever reason, bug the
fuck out of me but I think I have an ex tie also.

Chris