[kj] Top 10, post-Y2K

A. Madani a.madani at anirrationaldomain.net
Wed Apr 4 14:34:37 EDT 2007

>>I would be very interested in seeing those lists. I don't think I've picked up on any bands that formed from 2000 on. I am into rock which sadly seems to be dominated by emo and 80s inspired acts that have, so far, left me cold. <<

That was largely my problem too ... well, that and having less and less income for exploring new music! Online stuff has helped, but getting the time is another challenge.

The main problem with reaching a "certain age" is that it's more difficult to find something that sounds fresh, since the minute I hear something that's supposed to be "new," I can almost immediately tell who they were influenced by, so I think I might as well go ahead and listen to the influencer rather than the influencee.

So seeing the recommendations here should be a big help. Cheers all.