[kj] Top 10 and the "throwback" era

MALCOLM ARGYLE m.argyle at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 3 14:32:14 EDT 2007

I think you could build a case for bands like Crass, Conflict and the whole anarchist punk scene for music changing the world. Obviously not on a major scale, but certainly in terms of politicising people and getting people up of their arses and doing something about the state of the world.

Just a thought

Malc

Brendan Quinn <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:
Do you guys believe rock or even "popular music" has changed the world in
any real way? I mean, I believe it has changed individual lives, provides a
lot of people with entertainment and inspiration etc, but in the scheme of
things, it's really only been around 50 years or so, compare that to any of
the empires or religions. And how influential is it really? In terms of
trends etc, sure, perhaps it is. But compared to any of the wars,
totalitatian regimes, doctrines of thought, philosophy, religion, science,
politics, economics, laws, etc...I don't think personally it's been very
influential on a global level.

Just my current opinion...