[kj] Top 10 and the "throwback" era

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Apr 3 10:41:46 EDT 2007

I suppose I see those things as minor on a worldwide scale, compared to the
way for example Christianity has affected the world. I mean, I'd LIKE to
think that rock or pop has really changed things, but when I think about it,
I can't really see it, not in a big way. I just can't see Jello trying and
failing to get into office and a senator having a kid in a hardcore band etc
as anything close to the influence the bible has had, the inquisition,
crusades, the fundamentalist Christian lobby's effect on American and hence
world politics, the Christian moral majority's effect on censorship, the
effect of the pope's contraception message etc. And that's just one
religion, albeit a very influential one. I know the timeframe has been short
but we've only had nukes since 1945 or so, the www since the early nineties
etc. Structure of DNA understood since the 40s. Now we're putting spider
genes in fucking fruit or whatever...

PS: I couldn't sit through that Rove fucktard doing his pathetic dance,
Christ some people have no shame.

_____