[kj] New York hardcore's dead horse can still run

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 01:43:00 EDT 2007

A really great current NYHC band I've mentioned is
Long Island's Deathcycle:
http://www.myspace.com/deathcycleny

Unfortunately their best stuff is not at their MySpace
page. "No R.N.C. in NYC" w/ "Hypo-Christian" can be
downloaded as one mp3 here:

http://www.kvltpunk.com/audio/Deathcycle-No_RNC_in_NYC_w_Hypo-Christian.mp3

Black Flag, MDC, Rorschach, late 80s crossover thrash
are all in the mix here to great result -- along with
strong anti-capitalist politics. Hell yeah!

Here are the lyrics:

_NO R.N.C. in NYC_

We were out in the streets -- where were you?
Sitting at home, had better things to do?
You go to the booth and you pull the lever
You honestly think things will change voting for the
lesser?
Voting is slavery -- pick your oppressor.

I'm so fucking sick of "Democrats will make it better"
--
Are you so fucking dumb, so naive?
The system is set up to create the deception that

No RNC in NYC
How could you not show up and fight the enemy?
That's your problem -- your apathy
You sit at home and wonder why we're not free

You better not ever yell, "There's freedom for the
rich"
Because -- remember, you didn't fight back and resist?
Next time you complain about a police state
Remember -- you let them spread their message of hate.

All real change comes from the streets
Not from the voting booth. Learn your history.
Are you so fucking dumb? So naive? The system is set
up
To create the deception that you are free.

No RNC in NYC -- how could you not show up
And fight the enemy?
That's your problem -- your apathy

You sit at home and wonder why we're not free.

-----

The chorus to "Hypo-Christian" is--

"Christian ethics be damned!!!"

Great stuff....