[kj] Top 10 bands(that aren't oldies...)

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 2 12:52:58 EDT 2007

It's sort of like I said before -- a lot of the "80s bands" folks were
mentioning are actually still around, playing out, touring, even
releasing new material or working on it -- Bad Brains (new album out
soon?), MDC (2004's Magnus Dominus Corpus was great), Wire (Read/Burn,
etc.) Killing Joke, etc. When I mentioned in a blog entry that Hosannas
was one of my Top 10 Lps of 2006, along with Mika Miko's CYSLABF, etc.,
someone commented "Oh my god, KILLING JOKE ARE STILL AROUND? I thought
they were gone ages ago..."

So a lot of those bands are still knocking some decent, if not great
stuff, out.

-Oliver