[kj] Music is significant, but isnt moving

William Lash wjlash at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 14:29:42 EDT 2006

OK, fair enough.  I understand and respect your thoughts, but for me some music really moves me.  I think something that is moving can also be significant, but no big deal.   I think we should just let it go and move on.

  I am from Portland, Oregon.  I used to live in the NYC area, but got sick of the rat race.  Are you from London?

  Best regards, Bill

flight Bringer <flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
  William:
You have moved the goal posts . I did nt say that it was "doesn't really
have any significance " , i said that music doesn't "move me" . There is a
big difference between something "moving you" and having "significance".
Seeing an innocent women getting stoned to death in Iran under Islamic
Sharia law is moving. Finding long lost family members is moving , not three
people playing instruments and one talking /singing words that rhyme , that
isn't moving at all. Its significant, but it isn't moving.
Whilst meeting Alex at a Killing joke concert in London comes under the
category "insignificant"
Where are you from, by-the -way?