[kj] RE: CULT

MARK SAXTON ranjeef at btopenworld.com
Mon Sep 25 15:32:07 EDT 2006

The Cult broke my heart the day I heard Electric - they had true originality in the early days - SDC to Dreamtime - love Love, but the follow up floored me - absolutely awful pub rock/sub zeppelin/acdc shite.

Paula Cook <cook_paula at hotmail.com> wrote:  Really glad you had a good time, Jane, after being disappointed in
Manchester. I too saw them at Brixton, Rob, I was upstairs (too much of a
lightweight for moshpit, too short to stand at back! :-) ) and had a
wonderful time - I was on my feet dancing from the first song - feet still
hurt and ears still ringing now.

Noticed there was a bit of a split in the crowd though - a lot of people
were really into the "Firewoman" and later stuff, whereas there were types
like me who were really into "Spiritwalker" and "Phoenix" - suddenly I
remembered all the goth arm movements even though I haven't done them for
over 20 years!! Mind you, they only played three songs I didn't recognise -
and I went off them after "Electric" - so it was old hits all the way.
Slightly disappointed they didn't play "Go West" or "Nirvana", but not
complaining really. Ian Astbury still has a great voice and both he and
Billy Duffy still look fab, they're both very trim and toned. I reckon they
must work out A LOT - I wish Mr. Coleman would do the same! ;-)

Regards,
Paula
Nuclear Girl

>Message: 9
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:11:06 +0100
>Subject: [kj] RE: CULT & Damned

>I'm very pleased to report that the Cult were superb in Leeds on Saturday
>too. It was like watching a different band to that on Wednesday in
>Manchester, the sound was good, and they were playing like they really
>meant it.... and were rewarded with an enthusiastic crowd, and lively
>moshpit. Counting the bruises now... ow!!! I'm very pleased we bothered to
>go, and now have memories of a good gig from them to look back on.

>Jane

Come feel    -   myspace.com/ranjeef     to taste a little Soulrise   cheers!