[kj] OT: CULT @ Brixton Academy

Brian Whitehead bawhitehead at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:24:45 EDT 2006

>>Damned enough in the last 20 years, fucking cabaret these days
Spot on.
I was luck enough to see The Damned two or three times circa 78 and they
were some the most intense gigs I have ever been to, pure manic. I've still
got the fliers from them somewhere. When I see them now it makes me want to
cry to see what they have become. Captain threatening to play Happy Talk,
Morrison playing 5 notes for every one on the original. Its like some
cabaret covers band, a zillion miles from the original band. They have a new
bass player ?
I've only ever walked out on two gigs, one was Ash and the other was The
Damned a couple of years ago.

Brian.