[kj] RE: CULT & Damned

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Mon Sep 25 07:11:06 EDT 2006

I'm very pleased to report that the Cult were superb in Leeds on Saturday too. It was like watching a different band to that on Wednesday in Manchester, the sound was good, and they were playing like they really meant it.... and were rewarded with an enthusiastic crowd, and lively moshpit. Counting the bruises now... ow!!! I'm very pleased we bothered to go, and now have memories of a good gig from them to look back on.

Re: the Damned, Jamie  - I usually try and see them 3 or 4 times a year, and whilst they've played some awful gigs at times over the last 20+ years, imo I'd say they've been pretty consistently good for the last 5 or so years.  Smash it up, Neat Neat Neat, etc always get an outing, and the moshpits can still be fairly exciting, (although the old punks don't seem to have the stamina they used to, so the "riots" don't last long...) Also, I can't remember when I last heard Grimly Fiendish. I know it might not be quite like the old days, but they are a million miles better for a thrash about than most bands out there.

Jane