[kj] OT: Albums of the Year / Spearhead

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 06:43:38 EDT 2006

Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned Spearhead -Yell Fire.  I
downloaded this and a few others last week to check out, and forgot
about it until this morning.  OK, I'm only on track 6 but that's because
I couldn't get past track 1 without going back and listening to it
another 4 times - love it.  And even more so impressed because I don't
like reggae...

Am I mistaken or was Michael Franti the guy from Disposable Heroes of
Hiphoprisy?

Anyway, I thought it was a little early for an album of the year thread,
but what the hell:

Killing Joke - Hosannas (yes, really)

Jose Gonzalez - Veneer

Danny Saul - Balance EP

Editors - The Back Room

Vitalic - OK Cowboy

Iron Maiden - first album

Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

She Wants Revenge - same

Pelican - Australasia

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and Momentary Lapse. (I must be
getting old because I've always HATED these, but this year when I
happened upon them again something in my brain had changed...)

Richard Hawley's Coles Corner might also be on the list by the end of
the year.

Album's I was highly anticipating but was mostly let down by:

Barry Adamson - Stranger on the Sofa

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Cheers,

Janean