[kj] ot: Eddie and the Hot Rods

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 09:51:01 EDT 2006

You hit it on the head.  They are okay but definately jumped on the
bandwagon once punk became "fashionable".  But I guess to be fair a ton of
bands from the 70s did that.  Punk was so new and fresh that these bands
would witness this and just get engulfed by it.  The Damned sort of did it.
IN the beginning of Final Damnation they talk to everybody about how it got
started.  Brian James was referring to Catain and Scabies meeting up with
one another and when Rat came back to their flat (James and Scabies lived
together at the time) he had this long long hair and he cut it all off as a
result of punk and his meet up.  And James said something to the effect of
"I have to get to be part of this".  Meaning that it had such an impact.

Now that I think about it Sensible may have lived with James.  Either way
there you go

Chris