[kj] transmission/nwobfg

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Sat Sep 23 22:30:54 EDT 2006

"fluw" wrote:

> not much of current release strikes me, lately i've been listening to
>
> bentmen
> moebius, plank and neumeier
> pretenders - live in santa monica 81
>
> however for newer music and i kinda like the new muse stuff and
> tom petty - highway companion.

BTW, the new Motorhead album "Kiss of Death" is pretty damn good, even
better than "Inferno" which I liked as well.  Other than that, new releases
that I'm listening to lately include:

Tool - "10,000 Days" (best hard rock album of 2006 so far)
Iron Maiden - "A Matter of Life and Death" (ok, but a bit dull)
Buckcherry - "15"
The Glitterati - "The Glitterati" (very good debut, like early Guns n Roses)

Recent archive or remastered releases:

The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Automatic" and "Reverence"
U2 - "ZooTV Live in Sydney" (2 dvd set)

Biggest disappointments so far this year:

The Panic Channel - "ONe" (ex Jane's Addiction members, pretty generic crap)
Audioslave - "Revalations"

T.B.