[kj] OT: CULT @ Brixton Academy

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sat Sep 23 15:50:13 EDT 2006

Now I get who BOC are!!!!!!!!!!!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of P Bernardi
  Sent: 23 September 2006 20:45
  To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
  Subject: Re: [kj] OT: CULT @ Brixton Academy

  1. Loved BOC in high school. Once in awhile still pull out Tyranny and
Mutation. Lots of great stuff on that album, holds up well. But even I cant
fathom Spectres (which Nosferatu is on) - thats worse than Outside the Gate.

  2. I would go see original line up of Asia. John Wetton - great vocalist
and bassist.

  Rob Horan wrote:

great show last night....astbury and duffy in effusive form, almost in tears
at the end humbly thanking a lively audience for 'being with us since blah
blah' (you Manc lot must have wound them up!!) - hour and a half of Electric
and Love....Page/Plant acoustic moment with an acoustic Edie, no lighters
from the crowd (but close)....am I the only BOC fan here or are there many
similarities between the two bands, albeit different eras, motivations etc.,
even Phoenix is a Nosferatu ripoff......Astbury really is a good front man,
mildly Maradona but more Morrison definitely.......anyway, not a lot on the
horizon gigwise except Asia (original lineup) at SBE in December...sorry,
that'll make several of you lot puke.............

horbag