[kj] transmission/nwobfg/scratch acid

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 14:07:24 EDT 2006

Ahoy Alex,

Speaking of Scratch Acid, have you seen this?!?
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/38319/David_Yow_Talks_Scratch_Acid_Reunion

Aleph

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Last few albums I've picked up:
>
> A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH by Iron Maiden
> NINETEENEIGHTIES by Grant Lee Philips
> BEG TO DIFFER by Prong (to replace my old cassette
> copy)
> THE GREATEST GIFT by Scratch Acid (to replace my old
> vinyl copy)
> THE MODERN DANCE by Pere Ubu
>
> and a friend from work gave me an advance copy of
> the new Melvins disc.
>
> All good stuff. Dying to get my hands on the
> Transmission record.
>
> Hate to say it, but that Prong album (pre-Raven)
> really hasn't aged
> as well as I was hoping.
>
> Alex in NYC
>

> On Sep 21, 2006, at 8:29 AM, Tim Bucknall wrote:
>
> > just got the  NWOBFG Reissue,  lost oppurtunity is
> all i can say,
> > what happened to the idea of a DVD?
> > you would struggle to tell the reissue from the
> old one except for
> > the date on the back
> > haven't listened to it yet, so i can't comment on
> the mastering,
> > but i really can't imagine what they could do to
> it, hopefully i'm
> > wrong
> >

> > also picked up transmission today, interesting,
> very interesting,
> > def not what i was expecting
> > the first track actually sounds like Youth-era
> Crowded house, (by
> > no means a bad thing) i keep expecting to hear
> Neil Finn!
> >
> > also in the shopping basket today: sex pistols
> spunk reissue vinyl,
> > good but if they'd bothered to speed correct the
> july 76 demos it
> > would have been much better its nice to have the
> banter between
> > songs but i'd prob still reccomend getting "the
> mini album" for
> > that session
> > the jan 77 tracks are perfect, prob equal to "the
> swindle
> > continues" i'll have to have an Audiophile death
> match between them
> > at some point
> > all the best tim

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."