[kj] OT CULT

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Thu Sep 21 07:11:05 EDT 2006

Iain & I were there too, but I have to say a bit disappointed with both the short set and performance - it all seemed a bit lack lustre... I still had a good bounce around though - what the heck!!

What really naffed me off though was when Astbury started criticising the crowd for their lack of enthusiasm. Imo - he should be grateful so many people had turned out on a Wednesday night to see them, when so many of their contemporaries, (who have kept performing over the last 15 years), now have to play to much smaller audiences. And then the pretence that they weren't going to come back just made me annoyed too. F***ing prima-donnas - they could have got another 3 songs into that lengthy gap...

Oh and why have they got 2 tour-buses, when there is no support band??? I guess that's why they need to charge £25 a show!!! I'm just glad we managed to get half price tickets on ebay.

I hope they put on a better show in Brixton for those going, and in Leeds which we also have tickets for, (but are having 2nd thoughts about)??

Brian - sorry I didn't see you. Louise came & said hello when I was at the back at the beginning. See you in Stoke tomorrow for NMA.

Jane