[kj] Hosannas Months Later (was Ebay specials)

Papa Lazarou circuit_bender at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 14:05:29 EDT 2006

Dense as in all the top end is gone? It was compressed to shit, and gated with a hacksaw.
  Was it done on an old fostex? :P

GREG SLAWSON <gregslawson at msn.com> wrote:
        I disagree w/most people on Hossan-Ass's production. I think it' pretty good--a lot heavier and denser than Revelations, for example, but w/headphones you can still make out the different instruments, including the keyboards. It is dense and thick like Pandemonium, but without the programmed drum beats (which I hate on any album, except something like kraftwork). And it is metallic like KJ 2003, but with a fuller sound than the mid-range heavy 2003 (which sounded like a throwback to later Black Flag albums, with the heavy sound but cheap-sounding production).