[kj] OT: Few "Industrial" questions

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 14:31:32 EDT 2006

Good Morning,

 I'm just being a smartarse Alex. ;)

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Can't say I remember that,

 It's in unison with the snare hits where they get all
"dubby" with reverb in the beginning.

 Dun dun dun-dun-dun-dun "Clang"! ;)

> but the Red Hot Chili
> Peppers banged on
> metal during the middle-eight of "Breaking the Girl"
> and they're not
> "industrial" either.

 I agree with you completely on this btw.

 While the term "Industrial" may have been coined by
Monte Cazazza, "Industrial Rock" was just another
catchphrase created by journalists to describe
something that'd never been heard before and which
applies to absolutely everybody now from Depeche Mode
to Radiohead.

 I have to say that there *is* something about the
"atmospheres" that they're able to create on the first
album ($,0,36 and Tomorrows World for example) where
(to me at least) they capture the sonic equivalent of
a desolate landscape.

 But, I tend to think of it more as "post apocolyptic"
than "industrial".