[kj] OT: Few lunatic questions

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 5 21:53:24 EDT 2006

No, that was more Neubauten's shtick, but by the same token, TG never
employed instruments in anywhere near as conventional a manner as the
`Joke did (and continue to do).

As inaccessible as the `Joke may seem to many, they are -- and always
have been -- consummate musicians (just ask Jaz -- oh, on second
thought, please don't!) whereas TG were proudly oblivious of the
nature of true musicianship.

I don't believe the two bands have all that much in common beyond an
unflinchingly cheerless perspective on the state of the world (didn't
Jaz once go off on TG as being barely human?)

Alex in NYC