[kj] Closest relatives

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Sat Oct 28 11:33:51 EDT 2006

"GREG SLAWSON" wrote:

>I saw an outfit called Tilly and the Wall on Letterman last night--wild
>stuff. 3 female singers who also appeared to be tap dancing, singing sort
>of hamonized pop hooks with an "spaghetti Western", almost Mexican feel to
>the song. Now that was different.
>
> As for KJ, there was an album by an early 80s band called TC Matic (the
> best song was called "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang") that was very KJ sounding, a
> lot more than PiL or Gang of 4.

While I don't think they were any real influence on Killing Joke, a band out
of Germany, "Belfegore" around '84 had a lot of sonic similarities to KJ.
IMO, theye were a musically a direct cross between The Lords of the New
Church's 1st album and early 80's Killing Joke.

They're the band that did this video where the band and a bunch of people
are constantly running, tripping falling, etc on a beach with Manhatten in
the background while playing the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0YBcf0g9E

The album itself is really an excellent lost near-classic which has never
been released on cd. Their second album, "Dog is Born" was only released in
Germany, sung in German and is even more rare and even more out there then
the debut record.

Some butthole swiped my transfer of the album and actually has the balls to
post on this YouTube video that he's selling it. Anyone asks, I'll send both
albums on cd for free.

T.B.