[kj] RE: Who is Killing Joke's closest relative?

Bill Meissner BMeissner at encorehollywood.com
Wed Oct 25 20:21:38 EDT 2006

 ANGOR WAT - circa 82

________________________________

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of Papa Lazarou
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:52 AM
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] RE: Who is Killing Joke's closest relative?

closer to warsaw than joy division. but with a little reggie attached.

re UK decay and Siouxsie, i don't hear it. maybe play dead or red lorry
yellow lolly.

"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

	I think I agree with Darth E. Vader's list the most. KJ seem to
be most
	closely musically related to bands like Joy Division, Gang of
Four, etc.
	-- but what about another late 70s, early 80s Brit post-punk
band UK
	DECAY, folks? The UK Decay album "A Night for Celebration" is
totally
	something fans of the first KJ releases would love, I'm sure of
it.

	UK Decay's "Night for Celebration" album cover and tracklist is
here:

http://www.ukdecay.co.uk/pictures/ANightforCelebration/anight4celebratio

	Most of the songs are great.

	Of course, KJ have been so eclectic in their styles and
experiments it's
	hard to pin down any one group that consistently resembles them.

	Sometimes I feel like the biggest influence on the late 90s Nine
Inch
	ails release, The Fragile, must have been KJ's Pandemonium!

	-Oliver

	Darth E. Vader wrote:
	> Joy Division
	> PiL (Levene & Wobble line up)
	> Wire
	> The Pop Group
	> Gang of 4 (original line up)

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
rates.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com
/evt=39663/*http:/voice.yahoo.com>