[kj] Plane or Helecopter Crashes into NYC Highrise

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 07:35:42 EDT 2006

Hey gang ---

Sorry I didn't weigh in on this earlier. Yeah, a bizarre day indeed.
Mid-afternoon at MTVNews, while we're all running around trying to
organize a story about just-announced Christina Aguilera tour dates
(yes, it's true -- my life is now ruled by such inane minutia), comes
a report that a small aircraft has struck a building worryingly near
the U.N. The chill that falls over the room is palpable. Someone
notes that it's October 11th (a 10/11 to complement our oft-cited 9/11?)

Turns out it's just another meatneck professional athlete playboy
with a single engine plane and not enough hours in the air to know
how to commandeer it. Fuckin' asshole!

Alex in NYC