Re:[kj] Dissecting Ravens comments

Appocalypsa Appocalypsa at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 10 09:26:06 EDT 2006

Allow me to add some notes to what you mentioned.
Overall, you are mostly right in what you say.

> Raven has again stated that Killing Joke are finished.

Don't think so. He didn't 'say' anything. You  can just guess what he mean by his statements.

> Reasons to support this claim :
>   Poor U.S album sales .
Possibly... but don't know any official numbers. I don't think that KJ albums were well sold in any time and place. Not the new ones. Maybe in 80's. But it's still enugh ...
>   Poor U.K singles sales (and therefore probably album sales aswell)
Think so.
>   Geordie unhappy with the last few albums.
Yes. But unhappy is not the right word... dissatisfied is better. (but the fact that he was a producer I can just say: his own fault. With this statement he only preaches down himself )
>   Jaz's inability to sing and learn new songs.
Yes. And Jaz's ability to drink. (maybe he still can learn them... but he's not able to sing. Btw. he is the one who still wants to rehearse.... or it looks like he wants)
>   K.J's inability to organise and complete a successful tour.
Yes, because the don't care. If they cared, they would be able to do it.
>   Ravens still not back in the group and a reconciliation is looking
> unlikely.
Why to get back if you can't earn any money with KJ?
>   Gems of Power
Exactly!
>   Geordies seemingly apathy towards KJ
Yes.
But dog knows what's G's real apathy.

> Reason to not support the claim :
> Geordie has nothing else to do.
He has. And he does.
> Jaz did nt materialise into the "new Mahler" and therefore needs to keep KJ
> going .
That's bit odd idea... he could do this or this or both independently...
Maybe he misses the power to start up something else now.
He works on the new book.

>    Looks like they ve reached the end of the line .

Afterall... it seems so.
But my oppinion is that they would never state KJ as dead for the possibility to get together again. Which is very possible. As I see the problem, if Geordie succeeded in some his own project, there is a possibility to continue in this work for some time and leave KJ. But I think that he would never leave KJ definitelly. He would 'rejoin' KJ again in a future and make new project with new blood and taste (if Jaz will be still able to make music)
Another problem according to my opinion is Jaz's health. I (!) think this man should stop drink as soon a possible.. or it will be too late very soon.

Well, my opinions.

Reagards to you all.

AppO