[kj] Re: comebacks / reunions

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:21:05 EDT 2006

Some consider the ending of the first line up was when Motörhead was going
to record and write with the Plasmatics (Similar to what they did with
Girlschool earlier).  So Motörhead flew somewhere to a studio to meet up
with them (I think New York).  Fast Eddies guitars "didn't make the plane".
Others say that he did not send them and was not really interested in the
project (or Motörhead at that point).  I guess by this pont everyone was at
their wits end.
Depending on who you ask and when Fast Eddie quite and others say he was
fired.
So Eddie was credited with the producing credits and that was his last stint
with Motörhead.
The infamous Stand By Your Man cover came from this session.
Not long after the sessions they had booked a tour and quickly got the guy
from Thin Lizzy and played their first show in Detroit.  I have a boot of it
somewhere and they pulled it off.  It definately looks thrown together so
from that my guess is that Eddie quite sooner than anticipated.
I am friends with Wes (from the Plasmatcis) and he has got some good stories
of those days

Chris