[RE]Re: [kj] A Different Sort of "Gathering" (OT)

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 16:17:33 EDT 2006

I, too, do not have it in for Perry.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Javier Garcia
  Sent: 05 October 2006 20:22
  To: gathering at misera.net
  Subject: [RE]Re: [kj] A Different Sort of "Gathering" (OT)

  Second that man. I was really into Jane's Addiction, they made a secret gig here in Mexico City when Perry was shooting his film "The Gift" (circa 1991-92). There was a small amount of tickets available -and i didn't got one- but a not very small crowd went out of the venue to see if there was a chance to get into the place (i was within that crowd), some guy of the Jane's Addiction staff showed up before the gig started and let us all in, saying the guys in the band didn't want to let all us people outside. It was a great show... not a full concert, a littl e bit more than an hour maybe; but it was the first time ever i saw a band i actually liked a very lot.

  I may be considered a Farrel's fan, i almost like everything he does. Strays may not be as rough as their predecessors, but still is good to me. And the maximum prove that the man has a huge -positive- influence in all his projects is that huge piece of shit called Panic Channel (just like T.B. said). Absolutely disappointing and lame.
  On the other hand i recently listened some tracks by Thievery Corporation, and they invited Perry Farrel to sing one song, it's pretty cool. The man has a great spirit to sing and to spread the message of his songs, you may hate his voice, but you may also recognize he's got a lot of feeling.

  Mis dos pesos

  Javier
  Mexico City
  (Gatherer since 1997)