[kj] A Different Sort of "Gathering" (OT)

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:40:37 EDT 2006

I saw Jane's Addiction a handful of times up until their first break-up.
First time was opening for Iggy Pop and it made me go out the next day and
buy the album.  Second time was Nothing Shocking and they were out right
brilliant.  Maybe it was the drugs, desperation to make it..I don't know.
Ritual tour was so so.  Everybody was trying to clean up and it was their
first time at having a big stage all to themselves
By the time they got to calling it a day at Lollapallooza (sp?) they figured
out how to work to gether and to work a big stage and they weree good.  It
was a nice swan song.

The reunion stuff I could smelll from day one was going to suck.  They are
one of those bands that had a brief moment and burned really hot and bright.

I can't vouch what made them suck on the reunion.  Maybe Eric Avery had a
clue and that is why he vows not to be in it.

Chris