[kj] OT: now iPods

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Tue Nov 28 03:54:57 EST 2006

Haven't really been paying much attention so I might be talking out of my arse but doesnt itunes allow you to convert to MP3 already without having to burn a cd and re-rip? I'm sure I've converted non mp3s using itunes. Also Nero will let you recode non mp3s to mp3

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

--- praest76 at escapism.co.uk wrote:

From: PRAEst76 <praest76 at escapism.co.uk>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: now iPods
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:48:41 +0200

B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

>> Agreed, iTunes is by far the best jukebox/ripper/encoder I’ve ever used.

>> Only downside is music bought from iTunes can only be played on Apple

>> products.

> Anyone can buy music from iTunes, Windows or Mac users, and the music

> purchased can play on any mp3 player product. The mp3 player doesn't

> have to be made by Apple.

It has to support their DRM. I've never heard of anyone having a player
that did this that wasn't an iPod. Also, there is no iTunes for linux,
so I don't use it.

Yes, you can burn a disc and rip to mp3 from that but that's a kludge
and doesn't really count for arguments sake.

> My uncle buys music from iTunes and burns it all to CD. Once it's on CD

> you could also re-rip the CD onto your PC as individual mp3 files (as

> fatpotanga mentions below), and then put that on your mp3 player. But

> music bought through the iTunes store should play on any mp3 player.

It's not mp3. It's aac and even though I don't use iTunes or buy music
there I'm fairly sure you are wrong.

--
PRAEst76